You have just found out that you are going to have to give a father of the groom speech but you are not sure just what to say. There are many websites that can help you write the perfect speech from giving tips on how to write one, what one to say, to having examples of father of the groom speech that you can incorporate into the one that you are going to have to give.
Father of the groom speech examples
- It seems like yesterday that I was coming home from the hospital after the arrival of (groom’s first name) my first born my heart was bursting with love. The nine months of watching you grow and then the ten hours of waiting for you to get here was a very joyous experience that I will never forget. As I drove home my heart was not only full of love for you but also for the woman who gave me you. That day marked the beginning of a road that was filled with love and gratitude traveled by (groom’s first name), his mother, my lovely wife, and me. Marriages, like births, also mark a new beginning of a journey together, not with his mother and me but with (bride’s first name). In time, (groom’s first name) will experience what I felt when I found out I was going to be a dad and when I held him for the first time. It does not matter if the baby will be a boy or girl, the feelings will be the same. Three years ago (groom’s first name) told me about the new girl in his English class in college, there was a spark in his eyes that his mother and I had not seen before. When we met (bride’s first name) for the first time we knew why he had that look. (Bride’s first name) thank you for coming into my son’s life and for bringing him so much love and happiness. Today, you all have witnessed (bride and groom’s first names)the commitment they have made to each other as they start their new journey into the next stage of their lives. At this time his mother and I raise our hand in a toast to our son (groom’s first name) and daughter-in-law (bride’s first name) and wish them much love and joy. MORE Speech Examples
- Family, friends, guests, I am (father of groom’s name) the father of the groom. My wife (her first name) and I want to thank you for coming to witness the joyful union of (bride’s first name) and (groom’s first name). From the first moment he took his first breath I have always been proud of him. I am proud that he was the star quarterback in high school, the time he served his country in the Marines, and the man he has become today. I am especially proud to be the father of the man I see here today with his beautiful wife (bride’s name) ready to start a new family of his own. Both are getting ready to start out on an adventure of their own. (bride’s first name) over these past couple of years it has been a pleasure getting to know you. His mother and I want to welcome you into our family not as a daughter-in-law but as our daughter. This is a very joyous day and we are so happy to have everyone here to celebrate with us. As (bride’s name and groom’s name)I wonder if there is anything I can say to you that will be of any value as you are starting your new life together. I know that I received a lot of advice from my father but truthfully I cannot remember any of that advice. What I can say is that life is about learning along the way taking the good with the bad. Keep the communication lines open and learn to talk, not yell, at each other. Respect each other and each other’s opinion. Kiss each other when you first wake up and before you go to bed, and anytime in between you feel like it. Friends and family, let us raise a glass and toast to a lifetime of happiness and love for (bride’s name and groom’s name)
Tips to help make the father of the groom speech perfect
- Make sure that you study all the elements of how to use the proper body language when you are giving your father of the groom speech. This is a very important part of giving a speech. To know about the proper use of body language you can watch some movies on this wedding topic and you can also read some books about this topic.
- Do not make your speech boring and be especially careful that you do not speak in a monotone voice. Change your tone of voice often but make sure that you do it when it is appropriate
- Be stylish and funny with your speech.
- Do not wait until the night before the wedding to write your father of the groom speech. If you have to rush through writing your speech because you might forget something you wanted to say, and when you give it the next day it will probably sound rushed and like you did not give enough thought to it. It will sound like writing a father of the groom speech was not important to you nor is your son or new daughter-in-law.
- Make sure that you speak from the heart because when you do that you cannot go wrong.
Hopefully, these tips and examples of father of the day speech will take some of the frustration out of writing your speech. If you need more help there are many websites you can check out along with books you can read. There are even some people who write speeches for a living so you could check out this option. You can also other fathers who have written a father of the groom speech for help.